Sunday, July 15, 2007

I'm a blogger newbie.

Wow!! There is a whole new world out there!! The BLOGGING world!! I have just spent the past several hours browsing and adding many blogs. There are so many amazing ideas, thoughts, resources and people out there. Being an "insider" now to this blog world I feel that my job will be somewhat easier. My goal is to differentiate more and implement technology....there are oodles and oodles of resources and people out there to help me do this!! Yahoo!!!!!!

Here are some of my favorite-
http://gwegner.edublogs.org/--- great math ideas links, wonderful technology ideas and help.

http://teaching.mrbelshaw.co.uk/ ---cool resources, including some fun sound effects

http://makeitinteresting.blogspot.com/ - super duper ideas for math..check out the "unproject"

http://www.npr.org/templates/topics/topic.php?topicId=1013&ft=1&f=1013 - a place to find "All things considered"

6 comments:

E. Side's Biggest Losers said...

Hi Stacie!
I love the sites you listed. I have also been looking at blogs. Actually, the first thing that I did today was to check my bloglines!
My 7th grader is leaving for camp tomorrow and we learned that they will keep a "Camp blog" for parents to read. Also, we are encouraged to email our kids at camp and not send letters. The kids will get a print out of emails each day. Isn't that cool?
Kelly

Graham Wegner said...

Great to see a new blogger on the block - it always amazes me where in the world someone else is stumbling on my blog - how did you find it? Just for your interest, down here in Australia we call it "maths"!! Hope you had a listen to my interview with Chris Harbeck - he is an inspiration for classroom teachers. Hope you continue to make more meaningful connections.
Cheers,
Graham.

Unknown said...

Stacie,
I am also back in school after a few years. I am taking my Lesley classes at the cohort in Cumming. Thanks for sharing the great sites!
Lisa

Frank Family said...

Hi Stacie!

Your blog looks great! You were right, California was amazing! Every place we went was more beautiful than the last. We didn't make it to Big Sur- I can't imagine how it could have been MORE beautiful then the places we saw.

See ya in September.

Jill

Mr. H said...

Hi Stacie!

You will find that the blogging community will help you out whenever you have questions or want to try new things. You will find that students take to these new tools and applications fast and create wonderful work. I wish you much success.

Chris

Ellen Rubin said...

Hi Stacie,

Your blog looks great. It seems you've been busy! I enjoyed exploring some of your links.
See you soon.

Ellen